[Sticky] What are Your thoughts on the LATVIA CONFIDENTIAL?
Is the current Riga (Latvia) Residence Deal anything you could use?
The main positive feature is that it is by far the fastest, easiest & cheapest opportunity to get permanent legal residence in the European Union.
This status you get in a month or so, allows you to live and work legally in any EU country. Unlike many of the other residence programs being touted, you can expect to make a relatively small investment (€75,000 – possibly less with leverage).
Big Change for readers of our Latvia Report…
In the original Latvia Report published (2013-2014), we warned that the very favorable Latvian laws on residence would be changed: The window of opportunity to buy any or several properties for a total of €75,000 and get EU residence without any need for actually living there in Latvia would not be open forever.
As of 1 September 2014; Latvia changed the law on residency thru investment.
Now the min investment is € 250k. Additionally, there is a 5% transfer tax.
This is still one of the better deals in Europe. But much more expensive.
As Europe's real estate crisis winds down, we can expect these easy residence offers (Greece, Spain, Portugal, Greece) to be priced higher or discontinued — forever.
This leaves Italy as one of the few places one can still just rent and get a residence permit. However, we understand that the Italians are tightening up … Last year's game plans will need changing.
“The Millionaire’s Favorite Read”
STOP FOR A MOMENT AND THINK:
YOU’RE NOT GETTING A “BOOK”...
YOU’RE GETTING OVER 50 YEARS OF GRANDPA’S EXPERIENCE… AND HUNDREDS OF YEARS OF OTHER EXPATS’ TRIAL & ERROR… CRAMMED INSIDE EASY READING PAGES CHOCK-FULL OF ACTIONABLE ADVICE.
Here are some questions you can use to note your thoughts while reading and answer below when finished reading the BYE BYE BIG BROTHER VOL III.
- What makes you think the LATVIA CONFIDENTIAL is going to be interesting?
- Why do you think "Grandpa," wrote the LATVIA CONFIDENTIAL?
- Something you liked about it.
- Something you disliked about it.
- How did reading it change you, or your views?
- What would you say to persuade a friend to read it or not to read it?
- Summarise it in one written sentence.
- What was your favorite part of the LATVIA CONFIDENTIAL? Why?
- What was the most interesting thing you learned from the LATVIA CONFIDENTIAL?
- If you could change one thing in the LATVIA CONFIDENTIAL, what would it be?
- How might you have written it differently?
- Does the LATVIA CONFIDENTIAL remind you of anything else you’ve already read or seen?
- Was there any mind-blowing piece of information you hadn't thought of before that you think you can use?
- Did the LATVIA CONFIDENTIAL change your opinion or perspective about anything?
- Do you feel different now than you did before you read it?
- What feedback would you give "Grandpa"?
!!– We have a low tolerance for abusive behavior!
We’ll ban anyone that is anything less than polite. –!!