Clear all


1 Posts
1 Users
PT admin
Posts: 64
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter

Should a PT ever register as a legal resident anywhere?

Yes & no!



A PT should, in general, try to be as Invisible [low profile] as possible.

We know a German lawyer who practiced his profession as a negotiator and arbitrator rather openly in Switzerland for 45 years without ever becoming a “legal resident.” The secret in most countries in Europe is just to blend in and stay out of trouble.


There is no “Migra Police” like in the USA –actively looking for illegal immigrants – although minority groups [usually non-whites] will face challenges {“show me your papers”} from police and border officials more often than “European Looking” people who can blend in better.


In Europe, an American, for instance, can live all of his or her life without registering as a resident anywhere. Even a non-white American can generally come & go “without showing papers” to all the different EU countries. Any (valid) USA ID is usually sufficient to get a pass from local officials.


Anyone of any color can do the same within the USA [tho it is difficult to cross the border in and out safely & comfortably unless you can afford to go by private plane or yacht].


Of course in the USA, once there, one does risk random checks. These are inevitable especially if you don’t speak fluent “American” and don’t look like a local.


What happens in an “island” place like, Australia & NZ, if anyone leaves the country when their passport shows they’ve overstayed the allowed visa time? Because you can only leave by boat or plane, unless you get a smuggler to take you, you will be detained, questioned, and fingerprinted. Your punishment will be fine, but the worst thing is that your passport will get the “kiss of death.” What’s that? An OVERSTAYER stamp! With that in your passports, you will never get another visa to ANYWHERE. And you will surely not be admitted to the place where you over-stayed ever again. As to countries where you could have gone without a visa, there is a good chance you won’t be admitted. Thus, in countries where it is relatively easy to get an extension, it is always a good idea to get one.


Suppose the country you are in is strict and seldom grants extensions?

One ploy that sometimes works to avoid the overstayer stamp in your passport, is [before leaving] to “lose” your passport or plane tickets.  Then you ask for an extension until your new documents can be issued. This is usually a month or two. You can then exit on a clean, new passport with no entry stamp on it. You will be asked to prove the date when you arrived. This is done with other documents.


I do not recommend any such questionable tactics when it is so easy to do it legally by simply staying only for your allocated time, getting a legal extension or two, and then maybe do a “visa run.” What’s that?  You go to a nearby country for a few weeks; get another visa, and then return.


As the world is so big and there is so much to see and do, most PTs prefer to just move on to somewhere else.


A real PT simply doesn’t stay in one place for over 6 months at a time –at least until he/she has determined a suitable long term roost. In Europe, since the EU, (especially in a tourist town) one can stay in one place indefinitely and invisibly without paperwork. But of course, that is only if you don’t need to get a job. You need an independent income or can earn your money from a “portable trade” like selling artworks, or your services on the Net.

Why register anywhere? You may not have to depend on your source of income and banking relationships. But, for instance, we feel there is no harm in becoming a resident in a tax haven. If you *_are_* legally registered in a tax haven like Monaco, Andorra, Bermuda, Bahamas, or Campione, that can solve a lot of problems.


Most governments will ask for your “permanent residence” on their visa applications and landing papers. Yes, you can lie, but you might get hit with a fraud charge if you later get into trouble. What trouble? Maybe a traffic accident. If your claimed resident status is investigated and found to be fraudulent, you could have a big problem. You could be sent back to your “country of origin.”


Plus, when you try to do any banking anywhere, they won’t accept you these days unless you can “prove” a permanent address You’ll need a utility bill, phone number, and may be asked to show ID cards. Charge cards & your driving license.


If you have been a PT for a while, you learn the ropes, and you learn the copes. But in the beginning, you may need some help. If you can afford Grandpa’s full one year consulting or get by on the one free e-mail consultation that comes with the purchase of his books (see Bye Bye Big Brother), you may be OK.


Grandpa can assist and advise you in any PT matter by exploring your personal goals and revealing options you may not be aware of. Beware of most of the PT websites as they may well be honey-pots set up by the cops to catch fugitives and non-tax-payers. It is, however, more likely that the websites offering driving licenses, second passports, i.d. cards, and the like are run by crooks. They will take your money and send you “bad papers” or nothing at all.


Click here to enter discussions, read reviews, or add your own review.

There are simple steps everyone could take to protect themselves.
First One is to join the PTclub and learn How TO use one or more of the "PT Six Flags."
To prevent spam posts we have these restrictions in place.
The minimum number of posts to be able to post links in your post is 5 posts.
The minimum number of posts to be able to attach files in your post is 10 posts.

Posted : 27/10/2020 21:03

!!– We have a low tolerance for abusive behavior!

We’ll ban anyone that is anything less than polite. –!!